Thursday, October 4, 2018

Unity Tutorial 01

I really enjoyed the unity tutorials, I felt like I was watching a walk through of someone making a complicated red stone contraption in Minecraft except it was more interesting. Despite the fact that the computer where I do my college work being slow and making it difficult to use unity I didn't feel like it was as complicated as I was expecting. Obviously we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg but even just what we covered in the first three tutorial videos wasn't too bad, it almost reminded me of Sims.

I thought the third video was really interesting when he brought the character and the spinning gem into it, just having the gem made it feel so much more like a game than i would have thought. It seems really customisable which i think is really cool as using all the same aspects everyone could have a really different end product, this is really exciting as it'll be really cool to have a look and see how everyone else thinks in this regard.

I think it will be a lot more fun messing around with it in college as it should run a lot smoother and be more enjoyable overall as it was kinda annoying to try follow along on my computer considering any time I messed with the terrain it would take a few (about 20) seconds for it to update.

Overall I think the introduction to Unity was really enjoyable as it made clear we really are going to be making a full functioning game.

(This is a screenshot i took from within Unity)

No comments:

Post a Comment