Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Game Design

I thought the reading was interesting, I didn't realise we were suppose to only spend 30 minutes reading them all so I didn't 30 minutes reading through the first article then I spent an additional 15 minutes reading one of the articles from the second section.

The first article I read was don't be a vidiot and I feel like this article has an awful lot of nothingness in it, the introduction where it explained how you really need to open your mind when you want to be a game developer and have an every growing collection of games digital and not that you have played as it makes sense you will be more inclined to base it off what you know. However I feel like he definitely spent too much time talking about board games, maybe it's just me but i thought he talked about political stuff like how Hasbro took over everything to much.

The second article I read was so you're going to make a game for the first time. I found this article had a lot of useful tips, I definitely would have feel into a lot of the traps she talked about such as overreaching as I've been trying to think of a creative idea for my game since our first lecture.


Overall I thought the readings where good as it definitely gets you thinking but I feel like the first one went on a bit much.


(Picture of a dog "reading" taken from Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment