Thursday, November 15, 2018

Unity Free Tutorials

Unity Free Tutorials

First Tutorial

For my first tutorial I looked up how to make a character in Unity so I could make some NPCs for my game. I looked this up on Google and it brought me to Youtube where I found an easy to follow to tutorial. 

This is a link to it: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN0okzfjSp8 

I found it really easy to create my character as you are given sample body types and them you can do it how ever you like by using sliders to adjust so many different things to do with it such as it's height, arm length, weight, facial expressions and you can also put a load of different clothes on it. 

( This is a screenshot of my character in Unity)

Second Tutorial

The second tutorial I looked at was how to create an animation with the camera, I found this animation on the unity website, In theory it was easy but I found it a bit difficult to get the camera to go where I wanted it to. 

This is a link to the tutorial:
https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/animation/animation-view?playlist=17099

( This is a screen recording of the animation I created with the Camera in Unity)


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie, ive got a few comments from you so far so firstly, thanks for all the feedback! I liked reading through your blogpost on the unity Tutorials. I think creating a character is a great way to add some of your own personality to your game and looks like lots of fun to work through, i had thought about just having my player as a first person view but after reading your blog i think i might have a go at creating a fun character to use for my game. Good luck with it and im exited to see your game in full

    ReplyDelete