Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Introduction to Me

I'm going to talk about my hobbies and some sports that I've taken part in over my life. I've always liked football and I always played it as I kid i used to play for Hartstown and Huntstown United. We were never really that good but that made it better in my opinion because there was never too much expectations put on us so you could just go out and have some fun with your mates.

For at least 2 seasons we would lose nearly every game by 5 goals minimum, these matches were my favourite as you could kinda do what ever you wanted and they can't give out to you if it goes wrong. Eventually we got relegated enough that we were the good team and matches became really easy that during really cold days subs would come onto the pitch and take shots on the keeper because it was that rare the other team would attack he'd be freezing.

When i started secondary school i made some new friends who played for Peregrines GAA club so I joined there too. I was playing football and GAA for 1st and 2nd year. I had training 4 times a week and a match on both Saturday and Sunday. I don't have a clue how I managed to do any homework because now a days if I have a full day in college I do be tired and need at least an hour break before I start doing any assignments.

I had to stop one of them in 3rd year with the junior cert and i picked to keep playing gaelic, but this didn't really end up too good as we were a good team but never quiet good enough and we'd always get close but never win anything, we came runners up in the league at least 3 times, lost in the semi-final of the feile and then lost in the final of 2 championships.

I gave up gaelic at the end of secondary school and stopped doing sport which i really regret now as I liked keeping fit, but i don't want to go to a random team now whereas if i would have stayed with Peregrines id be settled in grand and all.



(This is the Peregrines Stand
I got this picture on Wiki Media)



( This is a picture of the Hartstown Huntstown Crest
I got this picture from WikiPedia)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie! :) I liked reading your blog, sounds like you're really into GAA and football. I gave football a try for a year and gave up because I'm a really small girl and sustained a lot of injuries. Took up ballet for 16 years instead, I'm less injured here! I agree with the hour break before assignments, it's needed with the amount we're getting. Cool blog though! Thankfully our group have the better timetable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jamie, just reading back through your blog posts and I like to see how far you've come with the blog in only a couple of weeks! Very interesting introduction post, I knew you were into sports but not that you were into it that much when you were younger! I used to play gaelic and soccer too, I gave it up in first year to pursue music though! I definitely agree with how it's crazy how much we used to be able to do when we were younger and now it takes a while to try and get into assignments cause we're so tired! Looking forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie! Thanks for your comment on my Introduction blog. It made me smile, so that was nice. I think I have wasted all my luck on Kahoot last year, this year I seem to be getting all the wrong answers, so please be at the top for the group!

    Your introduction is cool - I like how it is so different compared to all the others, even though my knowledge of football and gaelic is non-existing. It's really sad how people drop sports because education is taking so much of our time. I had to quit my sport after 10 years of doing it, because Leaving Cert was coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie,
    I really like the style of your blog its really nice mine is very boring and simple at the moment ill have to change that. I used to love GAA when I was younger I used play during the summer a lot but when I got older I kind of just forgot about it which is annoying but I still play occasionally with my friends. Your blog is great so keep up the good work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jamie,
    Sorry to hear about all those 5-0 losses. You should get back into playing football it really is a great way to stay fit. There is nothing worse than playing on a freezing cold morning. Your blog was really interesting, I never knew you played football and gaelic. I was never really a fan of gaelic because I've played football my entire life.

    ReplyDelete